Structural Steel Fitter
Structural Steel Fitter
$70,000 – $90,000 a year + $1,500 Signing Bonus
A Warren Fab Structural Fitter lays out, fits and assembles steel structures like massive power generation equipment to large steel girders, beams and nodes for skyscrapers. WFM is building the foundations for some of the largest buildings in the world and most important equipment made out of steel. The more accurate and faster you fit, the higher your wage. We depend on your skill to produce quality parts that achieve fit, form and function for specialized industries and to get them done on time.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Fits and assembles structural frameworks and housings from materials, such as angle iron, I-beams, and steel plate, using hand tools and welding equipment and following blueprint specifications:
- Examines blueprints and materials list to obtain parts specifications
- Lays out parts dimensions on worktable, using square, chalk line, and soapstone.
- Tack-welds scrap metal to outline to provide jig for assembly.
- Positions parts in jig and files, chisels, and grinds parts, as indicated, to fit them together.
- May heat parts with acetylene torch and bend them in vise, on anvil, or around stakes mounted in table.
- Maintain and repair all equipment and use with care
- Responsible for simple welding techniques to tack parts in preparation for welding processes
- Ability to read blueprints and drawings
- Ability to follow directions
- Knowledge of shop math and problem-solving skills
- Ability to learn new tasks and operate tools and machinery
- Knowledge and operation of overhead cranes, torches, welding machines and shop tools
- Ability to lift 60 lbs.
- Ability to pass a basic weld test
- Ability to follow safety and quality instructions. Proper use of PPE and attend safety training applicable to your job position
- Reliable and Trustworthy. Our TEAM and reputation mean the world to us.
- Healthcare/Dental/Vision Full Family Coverage with multiple plans for you to choose from
- Insurance Opt-out Payout
- Employer-paid Life Insurance
- 401k Company Match up to 4%
- Vacation in the first year of service
- Monthly Attendance Bonus
- Bi-Annual Company Bonuses
- Double Time Pay for Sundays and Holidays
- Company Paid Training and Certifications
- 10% Shift Differential
- 10-hour shift
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- Signing Bonus
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Hubbard, OH 44425: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Welding: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location
Join Our Team
Warren Fabricating has been a major part of my life. I’m going on 10 years now, I’ve gotten married, and I now have two children whom I love very much. It’s always been a balance of work and life, and I think it’s a good balance. I really enjoy what I do here day to day so it makes it easier to go home when you’re not stressed when you leave work for the day.
I think having a strong team is what makes us so amazing. The dedication and the loyalty of our employees is what makes us who we are. They are there for us and we are there for them. It’s always been important to us as owners to provide good quality healthcare, life insurance benefits, guaranteed overtime; all of the things that people need. You really need to take care of your people in order to be successful today.